general sport windshield question

Heather
This post is 5485 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

May be a dumb question. But on a sport bike in normal riding position where should the wind hit the rider when it comes off the windshield? My bike has a double bubble windshield and I thought it was great cause I can duck behind it real good but when I'm in normal riding position it hits me right in the face a drives me nuts. But someone told me you want the wind directed at your chest to apparently lift your weight off your seat a bit. Is this true?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

May be a dumb question. But on a sport bike in normal riding position where should the wind hit the rider when it comes off the windshield? My bike has a double bubble windshield and I thought it was great cause I can duck behind it real good but when I'm in normal riding position it hits me right in the face a drives me nuts. But someone told me you want the wind directed at your chest to apparently lift your weight off your seat a bit. Is this true?

I have an R1 with a DB screen and it's exactly the same, normal possition the wind is in my face as well, never heard of the lifting out the seat bit, makes no sense to me to be honest.

I have an R1 with a DB screen and it's exactly the same, normal possition the wind is in my face as well, never heard of the lifting out the seat bit, makes no sense to me to be honest.

Yea it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me either, so I'll keep the double windshield then.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online