need help on a few things

niiick
This post is 5493 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey people, im reli trying to get my dtr 125 looking mint yeah, i know what your thinkin its ten years old it will never look that sexy, but its my baby you know, needs a vamp up, ive found an amazing site where im gona get graphics for for the "beast" now what i want is upside down suspension yeah, i seen some on ebay for like 70 quid for a suzuki rm 125 and i seen the fork yoke to go with that on there too, some things i wanted to know was do all motorbikes have the same size headset like because if i but the forks and the yokes and they dont fit it will NOT be worth it, also are all the axels on bikes wheels the same because again if i buy it and the wheel or the disc dont fit then again its not worth it, also what is the best pipe to buy? because everyone says DEP and then there are all these other like italian makes out there which i would love to know about. has anyone ever had them to compare with the same bike, and what is the big fuss about these racing reeds, what do they actually do? thanks anyone if they are able to help would be very much apreciated. :unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey people, im reli trying to get my dtr 125 looking mint yeah, i know what your thinkin its ten years old it will never look that sexy, but its my baby you know, needs a vamp up, ive found an amazing site where im gona get graphics for for the "beast" now what i want is upside down suspension yeah, i seen some on ebay for like 70 quid for a suzuki rm 125 and i seen the fork yoke to go with that on there too, some things i wanted to know was do all motorbikes have the same size headset like because if i but the forks and the yokes and they dont fit it will NOT be worth it, also are all the axels on bikes wheels the same because again if i buy it and the wheel or the disc dont fit then again its not worth it, also what is the best pipe to buy? because everyone says DEP and then there are all these other like italian makes out there which i would love to know about. has anyone ever had them to compare with the same bike, and what is the big fuss about these racing reeds, what do they actually do? thanks anyone if they are able to help would be very much apreciated. :unsure:

Mods like that are totaly unpredictable and require good mechanical knowledge, a good understanding of how the components work and spare cash for the components that either don't fit or break whilst you are moding them.

You will have to consider steering lock, how to fit your instruments/headlight is there enough clearance around the tank (the USD forks will be A LOT thicker) and the ride height relative to the rear of the bike. Thats just for starters, Your disk WONT fit, your wheel MIGHT the caliper and its mounts will differ.

Short answer is that this type of mod is NEVER easy or cheap without experience.

If you are hell bent on this kind of mod at least look at a YZ as a donor as there is a far greater chance of the bits being somewhere near.

Mods like that are totaly unpredictable and require good mechanical knowledge, a good understanding of how the components work and spare cash for the components that either don't fit or break whilst you are moding them.

You will have to consider steering lock, how to fit your instruments/headlight is there enough clearance around the tank (the USD forks will be A LOT thicker) and the ride height relative to the rear of the bike. Thats just for starters, Your disk WONT fit, your wheel MIGHT the caliper and its mounts will differ.

Short answer is that this type of mod is NEVER easy or cheap without experience.

If you are hell bent on this kind of mod at least look at a YZ as a donor as there is a far greater chance of the bits being somewhere near.

thanks for the advice man, ive had lots of experience with push bikes where everything is the same size really, but i dont know anything much about motorbikes, gota start to learn somewhere tho inehhh ;) lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online