De-restricting a restricted digital speedo??

BakerNinety3
This post is 5497 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey,

Is it at all logical that by cutting a pinky/white wire coming out of the back of my speedo on my TZR50 that it will de-restrict my digital speedo? It it only reads 50mph at the moment. I've heard this from various sources on the internet but would just like to check with you guys.

Cheers in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey,

Is it at all logical that by cutting a pinky/white wire coming out of the back of my speedo on my TZR50 that it will de-restrict my digital speedo? It it only reads 50mph at the moment. I've heard this from various sources on the internet but would just like to check with you guys.

Cheers in advance.

Yeah you cut the pink/white wire. If your still unsure just cut them in the middle so you can join them back together if you have to.

I also put a bicycle speedo on my bike as it gives max speed, tripmeter, time etc which the original speedometer doesnt give

You're telling me! It's a pain, 'cause as soon as I hit 50, I don't have a clue how fast I'm going.

Yeah, tzr92, I see your point, but surely if they have to put a wire in to restrict it then that's just hassle they don't need if it's designed not to go over 31mph anyway?