XVS950a

haxman
This post is 5507 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I'm new here to the forums, and thought I'd ask a cople of questions about my new obsession.. :rolleyes:

I have a XVS125 Dragstar, which I'm hoping to upgrade when i pass my full test(Soon, soon!!).

I'm very much leaning towards a XVS950a(I know its a big jump etc etc, but i'm 36, and my speeding days are very nearly over!!)..

Does anyone on here have one, or know of someone with one?

Basically, before i get all 'cited and everything, I would like to know what it's like to live with, especially as I'm 6ft3 and the 125 is a leeetle cramped for me.. :-)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Tony

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all, I'm new here to the forums, and thought I'd ask a cople of questions about my new obsession.. :rolleyes:

I have a XVS125 Dragstar, which I'm hoping to upgrade when i pass my full test(Soon, soon!!).

I'm very much leaning towards a XVS950a(I know its a big jump etc etc, but i'm 36, and my speeding days are very nearly over!!)..

Does anyone on here have one, or know of someone with one?

Basically, before i get all 'cited and everything, I would like to know what it's like to live with, especially as I'm 6ft3 and the 125 is a leeetle cramped for me.. :-)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Tony

I have one

If you look in my profile you will see piccies

I was the first person in the UK to own one :D

I absolutely LOVE IT

Its comfortable, easy to handle and an absolute dream to ride.

It looks modern, and i do beleive Yamaha may just have got it right this time.

Sweeeet. Looks great!

I've been looking 'round but can't find one in a showroom...

You seen any(preferably in the south somewhere!!)?

I live in Manchester so i dont know honey.

I got mine from Chorley Yamaha so if you give them a ring they will be able to help you and should be able to give you the number of a dealer near you ;)

Hey Goff,

Very envious. What did you do with your beautiful 650 Dragstar?

I had the 125 version and went up to a 650 Dragstar Classic 4 days after passing my test. If the 950 is better than mine, then it must be good. Sure looks good in Goff's pics. My nephew is over 6 foot tall and rides my 650 comfortably.

Where in the south are you????

Hey Goff,

Very envious. What did you do with your beautiful 650 Dragstar?

I traded her in against the 950 :D

I had the 125 version and went up to a 650 Dragstar Classic 4 days after passing my test. If the 950 is better than mine, then it must be good. Sure looks good in Goff's pics. My nephew is over 6 foot tall and rides my 650 comfortably.

Where in the south are you????

The 950 is the spanking new model from Yamaha. Its MUCH more modern than any of the other bikes in the star range, and made my 2004 650 look REALLY dated!

Its belt driven, had a matt black frame and just enough shiny bits to make it look sexeh without being tacky. The riding position is much more comfier too as the bars have more of a pullback. :D

Sweeeet. Looks great!

I've been looking 'round but can't find one in a showroom...

You seen any(preferably in the south somewhere!!)?

Hi haxman,

I don’t know where you are "in the south" but Farnborough Motorcycles ( used to be Infinity ) have got the 950 the 1300 and the 1900 in stock all in black all sitting next to each other! Well at least they did last Saturday...

At 6'3" have you thought about the 1300 or the 1900... we where looking at the 950 for my 5'2" wife... which she thought was fine... I have had a sit and it seemed a bit small, for me 5'11", I have a 1300 and its fine .... a friend has the Strat, and I have to say its a nice big bike... Mind you I think mine handles a bit better

I guess in the end its what you feel comfortable with, frankly all great bike's, not a bad one among them! :-)

All the best

Stu

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online