R 125

Cru
This post is 5503 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, a newbie so please be gentle.

I have a YZF R125 and have only done 1500 miles from new. I love the bike to bits but its struggling to reach 60 mph plus at the moment.

Its struggling to do 65 downhill....surely that cant be right??

Any and all help would be much appreciated as i'm not a mechanicy type person.

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a YZF R125 and have only done 1500 miles from new. I love the bike to bits but its struggling to reach 60 mph plus at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Unless your like 20 stone something is wrong there im 6ft 2 and 14 stone and mine does 70 no prob and will top out at 83mph

Unless your like 20 stone something is wrong there im 6ft 2 and 14 stone and mine does 70 no prob and will top out at 83mph

Im only 5ft 8 and 12 stone so some thing is definately wrong but i cant work out what??

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Have you had your fuel pump recall done yet?

Had the recall and its being changed next Monday.

You think it could be a fuel starvation thing?

May be a connection.

call your local dealer explain your issues with them, they could fix it at the same time, your machine is under warranty.

Let us know how you get on!

May be a connection.

call your local dealer explain your issues with them, they could fix it at the same time, your machine is under warranty.

Let us know how you get on!

Will do and thanks for the reply.

Any one else with any ideas feel free to chip in.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've owned mine for 10 months, and covered 10,500 miles. Gradually over that time, it has slowed slightly - originally it would reach 75 after a nice flat straight, but now I struggle to maintain anything over 65 on the flat.

Fuel pump recall been called in, but waiting for my local dealer to get the parts in.

Mine has had the new fuel pump fitted last week took it for a spin, flat out 67-68 mph on reasonably flat ground and i'm 6ft 5ins and about 18st! not as fast as i thought it would go but not bad mine has done just under 800 miles, i had a majesty yp125 and that did over 70mph with 25000 miles on the clock.

Mine has had the new fuel pump fitted last week took it for a spin, flat out 67-68 mph on reasonably flat ground and i'm 6ft 5ins and about 18st! not as fast as i thought it would go but not bad mine has done just under 800 miles, i had a majesty yp125 and that did over 70mph with 25000 miles on the clock.

Well the fuel tank has been replaced and its still slugish.

70MPH down hill at a struggle. Not impressed at all really.

The guff around says 85 top speed and mine isnt getting anywhere near it.

May have to thing about getting rid and buying something with a little more top end.

Build quality is excellent but the engine is crap.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online