Hi from Dorset UK here is my DT250MX

This post is 5510 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the YOC

Thats a great looking bike there, did you do a lot of work to get to that stage, I see its off road only now, looks a very capable off roader almost like an old MX bike now. As for the 400 conversion we need to check things like part numbers for crankcases and crank etc if they are the same for both bikes it should be possible but I dont know for sure, also they may have different carbs too...

Cheers Old Git, it is road reg'd and road legal on a daytime MOT, engine case is 1R7, I made it from a basket case of DT bits costing £400, sold the odds on Ebay, bike less labour has cost me £50, trying to build a street scrambler effort? Not happy with the tank stickers, might go for the chequered RD look or DT400, like the orange one we all crave, it's good fun although lacking in the mid range, starts first kick, need a new seat cover to finish. Stripped all the redundant brackets off the frame, wired the kill switch cable through the bars, yz400 clutch cover to tidy up the oil pump side, handmade stainless pipe came with it, I cut the dep pipe in half, don't know why !! Sounds good.

Anyone got any ideas on the mid range?

Cheers

KingPrawnRing.