road tyres

T1A50 London
This post is 5532 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys

I've got a Yamaha DT125R (2006 reg), has around 10.000 miles and I believe it still has the original tyres.

The back tyre needs to be replaced really soon. The front tyre is still in very good condition (original tyre)

I commute to work on the bike every day. All the riding is done within London mostly.

Any recommendations and what prices should I be looking at with fitting including. I'm thinking of doing in my local Yamaha dealer.

Thanks for the help

P.S going for my practical bike test next week woohoo (currently riding on CBT)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This was a recent quote from m&p, send them a message and see if these will do for your bike, The Avon Distanza is a road tyre for trail bikes.

Front:

Price: £31.99

Pt No. 506240

Description: 80/90S21 AM43 T/L Front

Rear:

Price: £38.99

Pt No. 506244

Description: 410S18 AM44 T/L Rear

This was a recent quote from m&p, send them a message and see if these will do for your bike, The Avon Distanza is a road tyre for trail bikes.

Front:

Price: £31.99

Pt No. 506240

Description: 80/90S21 AM43 T/L Front

Rear:

Price: £38.99

Pt No. 506244

Description: 410S18 AM44 T/L Rear

cheers for that

sounds like a bargain.

Any ideas how much the local shop will charge to fit?

cheers for that

sounds like a bargain.

Any ideas how much the local shop will charge to fit?

Dunno mate, I would do my own..... get quotes from different places, it would be cheaper to take the wheels in one at a time if youre up to the job, dont forget though...it doesnt have to be a dealer to fit the tyres, any bike shop would do it so shop around for the best quotes.

Dunno mate, I would do my own..... get quotes from different places, it would be cheaper to take the wheels in one at a time if youre up to the job, dont forget though...it doesnt have to be a dealer to fit the tyres, any bike shop would do it so shop around for the best quotes.

Yamha dealer is quoting me 60quid to fit both tyres....That's nearly as much as the tyres. I'll keep searching.

The front one looks easy to do so I might ettempt it.

The back one looks tricky.

I've changed many many bycicle tyres in life, can you compare it?

Cheers guys

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online