bike test

T1A50 London
This post is 5543 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys

Been riding a dt 125r (2006 reg) in london on a CBT for 3 months....going to take my full license (restricted for 2 years) in the next 2 weeks.

I'm doing a 3 day course with Metropolis in london, 3rd day includes the test.

I would like to find out if anyone has done their bike test on a dt 125?

To get the license the bike must hit at least 62mph....I think mine tops out at 65mph but it does take a good push and strech to get there...Do you think I'll be ok with this?

The other thing is that although i'm quite comfortable i'm still quite cautious when riding specially when doing u turns and slow riding...like to keep my foot close to the floor just in case. LOL

Any advice on practicing for the test day?

Cheers Guys. (Yamaha DT 125 for life)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Guys

Been riding a dt 125r (2006 reg) in london on a CBT for 3 months....going to take my full license (restricted for 2 years) in the next 2 weeks.

I'm doing a 3 day course with Metropolis in london, 3rd day includes the test.

I would like to find out if anyone has done their bike test on a dt 125?

To get the license the bike must hit at least 62mph....I think mine tops out at 65mph but it does take a good push and strech to get there...Do you think I'll be ok with this?

The other thing is that although i'm quite comfortable i'm still quite cautious when riding specially when doing u turns and slow riding...like to keep my foot close to the floor just in case. LOL

Any advice on practicing for the test day?

Cheers Guys. (Yamaha DT 125 for life)

Slow riding:

Keep the revs up, slip the clutch, drag the back brake, focus on where you are going (ie not the curb) do not touch the front brake.

Practice doing Ueys and figures of 8 in a carpark ;)

best advice I got for slow manouvers, sit bolt upright, hold your arm up vertical-and swivel your hand slowly, now lower your arm at 45 deg and now swivel your hand, this is the arc that your head describes, an as slippery said-look at horizon point of where you wanna go, 'target aquisition', just aim and bike will follow, its why you should never 'lock on' to an object on the road i.e. small pieces of discarded laminate flooring, wheel trims, rocks, burberry caps etc.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online