Rear Tyre

Yamigirl
This post is 5538 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello fellow bikers im new here and im new to Yamaha's too i own a XJ 600 which i won on ebay for £250.00 its in a bit of a state but not too bad, hubby will be fixing it up and probably with the help of the experts (you lot ) My first question is the back tyre is thin and i dont like it can i change it (wheel ) for a wider one and if so what sort of money im i looking at thankyou in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Hello fellow bikers im new here and im new to Yamaha's too i own a XJ 600 which i won on ebay for £250.00 its in a bit of a state but not too bad, hubby will be fixing it up and probably with the help of the experts (you lot ) My first question is the back tyre is thin and i dont like it can i change it (wheel ) for a wider one and if so what sort of money im i looking at thankyou in advance
On bikes with limited power bigger is not better. If you purely want it for visual purposes the most cost effective way is to go up one size over standard. A softer tyre is tenfold better than a wider one! HAVE A BLAST!Paul.

Thanks for the reply after talking to other older and wiser bikers im now going to keep my thin wheel and make the most of it thanks again

Thanks for the reply after talking to other older and wiser bikers im now going to keep my thin wheel and make the most of it thanks again
Your welcome! Paul.

i got myself a Continental rear tyre plus fitting for £80, should of been £100 but the newish guy told me wrong quote but he wrote it down on a card hehe so there was no getting out of it!!!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online