Cheng Shin tyres! any good?

nets
This post is 5467 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well 25 years ago they weren't great,but that was on a small 50cc trials bike! Maybe they're better these days,I know they're cheap but that's about it.

I suppose like anything,you get what you pay for! If it's a high performance bike,I always found that the top (expensive!) brands were the ones to use.

well after my son had a bad experience with cheng shits i i say no cos as much as you say i dont ride fast etc his on his fs1 broke away under braking and threw him and bike under a landrover disco, mother taking children too school!!

anyhow fitted michelins to the next bike, not too much more expensive but much better tyres,shop around vintagetyres are good for older bike tyre sizes

merv

Peoples experiences with cheng shin tyres welcome! thanks

The traction and price are good, but they don't seem to last long. I expect I will go with a different brand next time around even though they have a pretty good match to the type of tires my 400 came with.

Peoples experiences with cheng shin tyres welcome! thanks

Hi I'm new to the group but have had experience with the ChengChin's on my 79 xs400.I currently am on my second rear of the mentioned brand in the course of 2300 miles so It's fair to say that the longevity of them sux..lol As for traction and braking..it's hards to compare them to a 200.00 battle axe on my brother GXXR considering I dont hit 140mph in 3 seconds nor do I slow from 80 to 0 in 2 seconds. I realize that the you get what you pay for so i'm not upset that I've invested 105 bucks in my two rear tires in 2300 miles..In comparision to a sporty "ggod" tire your still paying more per mile if the performance is not a major factor..not to say that braking distance doesn't matter(had to add that before i was bombarded with SAFETY rants)

In anycase, good luck w/ your decision. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

They're good tires. If you go to the Vintage Bike Night my club has all 52 Tuesdays of the year, CS is the single most represented tire there is. They do fine on Hondas, Yams (my XS400), Triumphs, Beezas, and just about everything else. My Rebel I had years ago I put a set of Hi max's on and they had decent tread when I sold the bike. The compound IS a bit soft, but I don't hammer it goin around curves. Not to mention the CS K70 replica is the only affordable K70 on this side of the pond; I am tempted to get a 3.00-18 and 3.50-18 CS K70 copy and vacuum seal 'em in a garbage bag for when the current CS's wear out.

can you not get K82,s over there much better tyre i reckon

merv

Probably not DOT approved, thus illegal for US "highway" (public street/road/interstate) use. Not to mention that on E-pay they are goin about for what DOT approved K70s and K81s go for.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online