What Colour ?

JimR
This post is 5549 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What Colour do I do it ?  

1. 1. What Dam Colour !!!/

Hi I'm restoring 2 FS1's

my test bed (on the road FS1 looked like this

DSCF0002_edited.jpg

but looks like this

IMG_0001.jpg

Ok what colour do those dam silly yellow shocks have to be coloured and also what colour graphics need to be added to the tank & side panels ... also what graphics need to be added to the side panels

Regards Jim

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Kenny Roberts had all of his in the Marlbro colours !

Kenny Roberts had all of his in the Marlbro colours !

hmmm I was after some input rather than a comment about an american 70's road racer, I cannot understand how you would make the connection between a 70's hero (?) and a Yamaha FS1 built in the early 90's ... there must be some link but I cannot see it ... from memory Kenny Roberts ran in Yamaha US colour Yellow with black/white speed blocks and not the the later europe Marlbro orange/white, but I'm not sure on this ... when I met him he was in jeans & tee shirt and no sign of a Marlbro ciggie anywhere !

Regards Jim

Hey Jim

There is an original un-restored fizzy on the bay at the moment that may be a useful contact for colour matching.

Link here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-FS1-FS1E-1990...7|39:1|240:1318

Ally :)

Hi Ally,

that the horrid colour scheme it was ... in makes the mandarin orange V75A look really cool :) As all the paint work is now done in maroon the question is what colour to change the rear springs to and also what colour graphics to have made for the tank & side panels

Regards Jim

btw hows the V75 going ? Ok I trust

Maybe the reference to KR is to do with the speedblocks appearing on FS1e's, I would chrome the springs or as a second choice do them black

Regards

Wombledog

I stripped of the yellow & the springs would need to be chromed as under the yellow powder coat they are base metal so they may take paint better (which also would be cheaper)

Regards Jim

I stripped of the yellow & the springs would need to be chromed as under the yellow powder coat they are base metal so they may take paint better (which also would be cheaper)

Regards Jim

Jim,

This is how I did mine

DSC02119.jpg

Jim,

This is how I did mine

DSC02119.jpg

looks real good .. as yor bike is older than mine the tank shape is better for the speed block design getting the correct graphic in somethine other than yellow is impossible and to date I have not found a decal man who is willing to produce them from my drawings ...

The Suspension legs are down to this now

IMG_2540.jpg

and after getting a better camera this pic is more like the actual bike

IMG_2537.jpg

I have been giving it some thought how would just a plain silver YAMAHA look on the tank and FS1 on the side panels ?

Regards Jim

I think if you did it in silver it would need to match the engine casings

regards

Wombledog

Hi there,

I have found a graphics manufacturer in my home town who is willing to 'cut' the graphics for me so off to the PC to design them (any thoughts on that), does anyone have some good clip art of the tuning forks ? An engine case will be going to graphics man along with the finished design

Regards Jim