84 RD125LC MK1 Jetting for period Micron

525excsorry
This post is 5557 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there everyone, just finished a virtual concours rebuild of my Candy Blue 84 RD125LC 12A UK model, i have fitted a period Micron and im sure these used to nip up running standard jets with a pipe fitted. Any help with the jetting/needle clip position etc required for the Micron would be greatfully accepted.

Thanks in advance ! :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

your best bet is to determine the standard jet and go up 2 for starters. there must be a few lads out there with RD125 experience

I know the standard size main is a 195 on the 12A UK bikes, but the full power 10W uses a 155 as standard, this is whats confusing me.

I know the standard size main is a 195 on the 12A UK bikes, but the full power 10W uses a 155 as standard, this is whats confusing me.

that does sound strange, you would think the full power model would have a bigger jet to the standard one, maybe it has a different carb or it could have a bigger diameter. sorry I cant help, I've no experience with RD's yet. Have you fitted the Micron and ran the bike yet to see what way its running?