Spark plug cap/wires?

joecool85
This post is 5549 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

How do I know what to get for spark plug cap and wires for my 1982 XS400SJ? IE - do I need a 1k, 5k or non resistor cap? Inductive wires? Regular 8mm spark plug wires? Do I need a resistor plug or just a regular style BR8ES or something?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Seriously? You guys don't know what I need for my bike?

**edit**

Looks like since it's a CDI bike it should take standard copper core wires and 5k resistor caps (I'll go with NGK like I always do). For the plugs I'll just stick with whatever the manual recommends (I don't remember now, I'd have to check).

Seriously? You guys don't know what I need for my bike?

**edit**

Looks like since it's a CDI bike it should take standard copper core wires and 5k resistor caps (I'll go with NGK like I always do). For the plugs I'll just stick with whatever the manual recommends (I don't remember now, I'd have to check).

sorry must have missed your thread for some reason.

I just got standard caps, sparkies and aftermarket coils ( the wires are sealed in mine) best to stick with original spec

drewps

sorry must have missed your thread for some reason.

I just got standard caps, sparkies and aftermarket coils ( the wires are sealed in mine) best to stick with original spec

drewps

That's just the thing...what is standard spec for this bike? By standard caps do you mean non resistor caps?

That's just the thing...what is standard spec for this bike? By standard caps do you mean non resistor caps?

none restistor caps and DR8ES-L spark plugs for dohc model

there is and online manual you can down load HERE

none restistor caps and DR8ES-L spark plugs for dohc model

there is and online manual you can down load HERE

I have that and some service manual I downloaded as well. Neither one said anything about spark plug caps, and listed non resistor type plugs (BP-7ES).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online