Representing Northern Ireland

mckenzie
This post is 5416 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

No offense meant or taken. They're not bikers at all and hate the idea of me riding, hence why I only started it now that I've got the Irish Sea between us.

My dad took me to the UGP but he was there for the hospitality whilst I watched the racing (and loved the classic bikes going round). My bro was saying a week or so ago that he was representing the council at some bikingrelated event, but no idea what it was.

I'll have to ask him to tell me what's the score on the council's sponsorship - at the end of the day, I presume the council are aware that it brings people (and money!) to the area and that has to be supported.

well this is true, it brings money in, and people from all over the globe. I have met Dutch, German and Spanish peolple there. But also, we should be very proud of the heritage, the famous UGP circuit is after all the fastest circuit in the world!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:lol: Anybody remember 07 the 125 race midweek Ian Lougher and Robert Dunlop , Robert won it by a tyre tread and I mean a tyre tread. Then an hour later McGuiness stonked round 130+ on a wet track well 95% was wet he just tram lined the racing line all the way round. Record still stands.

I hope we are all members of the UGP supporters club. They need our support, surely we have to have a dry meet this year. If anyone out there has never been it is the best 15 quid (07) prog price you will ever spend and do not forget that is 15 quid for a weeks event. I will be bringing a couple of Welsh lads with me this year.

Lew

A lot of binking fans are still unfamiliar with Road Racing, and unaware of the dedicated fans it has.

But, its amazing that once someone is taken along to an event, they always swear they'll be back & are bringing more mates.

The road racing paddock always has a great atmosphere & riders are always happy to stop and chat with fans.

A lot of binking fans are still unfamiliar with Road Racing, and unaware of the dedicated fans it has.

But, its amazing that once someone is taken along to an event, they always swear they'll be back & are bringing more mates.

The road racing paddock always has a great atmosphere & riders are always happy to stop and chat with fans.

any NORN IRN ones want a spin tonight meet at Hazelbank at the very back of the car park tonight at 6:30 it will be great we are planning the coast route to Larne !!!

Really? what model of Velocette is she? me and my dad were thinking of taking the Velo racer up to the UGP for the classic parade laps this year, I'm not sure if a racing licence is needed to complete the parade laps, could your father shed any light on this?

Being a great fan of the I.O.M TT I'm always advised that I MUST go to the other (bigger) island at the far side of the Irish Sea because their races are actually "races" as opposed to racing against the time of your competitor (who you may never see during a "race")

I will always love the TT and long may it continue as the great, unique occasion that it is BUT --- tell me about the racing on the Emerald Isle

I will always love the TT and long may it continue as the great, unique occasion that it is BUT --- tell me about the racing on the Emerald Isle

It cant really be described, it has to be experienced!!

Being a great fan of the I.O.M TT I'm always advised that I MUST go to the other (bigger) island at the far side of the Irish Sea because their races are actually "races" as opposed to racing against the time of your competitor (who you may never see during a "race")

I would never try and take anything away from the TT but over in Ireland you see the actual racing for what it is , racing I think the TT is more of a time trial as you are racing to maintain or improve a 10 second gap. There is just nowthing like seeing maybe up to 30 bikes braking from 180mph to 60/70 for leathemstown corner and you can cannot get a feeler gauge between them not for the squemish. It is just such abuzz. I took my wife over in 06 she had never been before and did not look all that impressed when she saw the place , we were at quarterlands. and she says to me so were is the race track.you are standing on it I says. Roads closed a deathly hush the roar of the bikes 2 miles away in a minute 30 bikes thundering past , I'm not sure but she may have wet herself her face was a picture. Took her to Oulton park for BSB she fell asleep after an hour. THere is just nothing like between the hedges and ditches she is hooked.

We were at the NW200 08 thankfully we just walked away from Mathers cross when Robert Dunlop was killed and did not see it although we heard it. When the news came through she cried for a day as the wee man was her hero, but she loves the sport. As with the TT no one likes to see people getting hurt I honestly believe that when you get hooked on Road Racing it is an addiction and there IS NO CURE. Come to Ireland for the NW200 and the UGP you will love it or any of the other meetings. I personally prefer the racing at Dundrod but I just love it all.

Lew

• 2 months later...

hi ya another one from here good to see welcome its a great site this, really friendly and helpful people on here i live in belfast where are you from?

• 1 month later...

Hello to all the N.I. exiles and the remainer. Quick question regards the UGP supports club. Can anyone contact them? I,ve e-mailed popeye twice, no answer and phoned club sec. no call back. Is this club still operating? I have club badges for sell. I thought the club wod be happy to help coz of their website. Can anyone point out someone who wants to deal with me? cheers. Ps hello to lisburn. city my aaaarse.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online