R6 Newbie

O-T-B
This post is 5450 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello :)

I've just bought myself a 2001 R6 and I've heard that a steering damper is a pretty good idea. Can anyone suggest which is a good one to get and what's involved in fitting one? :)

Yeah mate defo get one i got a 2000 R6, i always thought it was a load of cack about them and thought they was a bit expensive for nothing! But now i got one best thing ive bought for it! Mines a hyperpro, think they do a progresive one now so it aint to stiff when your in slow moving trafic but stiffens up the faster you go!

• 3 months later...

Hello :)

I've just bought myself a 2001 R6 and I've heard that a steering damper is a pretty good idea. Can anyone suggest which is a good one to get and what's involved in fitting one? :)

not long joined this site and have been reading posts on R6, did you get a steering damper for your R6 ? i bought a 2001 r6 about 3 years ago and spent a lot of money on bits and pieces but have to be honest and say my steering damper was the best investment if your heavy with right wrist lol fully adjustable ohlins damper with harris fitting kit looks really trick as well cheers