Speedo Drive

mallorr
This post is 5561 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you want cheap, try eBay or a breaker's yard.

Brand new, they are only about £60 from Yamaha.

Whats wrong with the speedo drive ?? has one of the Rotor sensor lugs broken ?

Part No 5VU-2517G-00-00 Rotor Sensor, (£9 ) one of the lugs broke on the wifes 600, Fowlers had them in stock.

Full Unit 4YR-83755-02-00 Sensor Speed

Or as Madisons says, try Ebay or a breakers.

Hi All,

Not stripped down yet so dont know whats broken.

Just thought it was the sensor.

Anyone got a pictorial diagram of that area?

Regs,

Malc.

The speedo on my fzs600 behaved eratically yesterday when out in Matlock bath... got home and dismantled the speedo unit and found that the speedo rotor tabs were broken... no wonder it wasn't working! I'll be ordering a new one tomorrow... maybe this is also your problem? As far as I know this is a weak spot and if the person putting the front wheel back on doesn't know the system its pretty easy to mess it up... the rotor is quite fragile.

The speedo unit (outside)

CAM_0290.jpg

The speedo unit (inside with rotor removed)

CAM_0289.jpg

The rotor - note that one tab is completely gone, and the other only has a very small section left

CAM_0285.jpg

The area on the wheel where is is located with the tabs

CAM_0287.jpg

Clearly you can see how it fits together... the rotor locks onto the wheel and rotates sending magnetic pulses through the speedo unit which are fed to the control box which the speedo plugs into.

Hope this helps?

Hi Rick,

Stripped the sensor down yesterday and found that my rotor is in good orderl Looks like i have the expencive part to replace.

I found info on resistance measurments wich i will make later.

Waiting on price coming back from fowlers.

Reg's

Malc.