quick question

mikey bey
This post is 5590 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok im getting my self a cheapish yamaha dtr 2000 model and what i want to do is put the supermoto wheels and tyres from a dtx on to my dtr ok the question is is there any thing needed or is it a straight swap over?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Im sure this has been asked before but il give it ago,

It wont be a straight fit on the front so you might need some spacers + a bracket for your caliper if you want the bigger disc. The back wheel might fit straight off but again not completly sure. I think its the TDM's wheels that will fit straight on iv seen it done before. Sorry for nothing <_<

No worries we all start somewhere,

Its another model made by yamaha lol similar to the dt (not looks wise)

Iv seen on the dt forum and a spanish/portuguese forum i somehow found lol that people have

managed to do it easily.

No worries we all start somewhere,

Its another model made by yamaha lol similar to the dt (not looks wise)

Iv seen on the dt forum and a spanish/portuguese forum i somehow found lol that people have

managed to do it easily.

lol i wouldnt say iv just started lol im 19 and im on my 10th bike haha i have alot of knowledge with the bikes iv own and never really botherd to search up any bike i dont tend on owning haha but cheers any ways i searched it up on google and is it the touring style bike with 3 spoke rims

Yeah sorry was just about to edit last post but youd already beat me to it,

okay 10 bikes by 19 your defs not a starter but maybe a starter at searching! lol :D

Yeah sorry was just about to edit last post but youd already beat me to it,

okay 10 bikes by 19 your defs not a starter but maybe a starter at searching! lol :D

haha yep lol i only usually search the things i need lol but what im gna do is actually buy a dt first off lol im looking at one on sunday then im gna go to my local bike breakers see what sm rims they got to offer lol.

when i do get my dt i will be putting up a project thread because im gna be doing alot of changes lol and modify some panels my self lol

Very nice, il keep an eye on that then i like seeing people being brave enough to do different things to bikes that no one else has done, done a couple of things to mine but like it too much to go any further as will probs be sellling it this year.

lol yeah an 07 plate, im the opposite if im honest not keen on the older model. All for our own and all that i suppose.