DT175MX

taffny
This post is 5589 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I have just bought a non running DT175 on a 79 chassis, I believe though that the engine is from a different year. I'm not sure whether this will cause problems or not, but i need to get a CDI for it, so when I find one it needs to be the right one.

The Source coils are there and there are 6 wires from them. The only marks i can find on the engine are:

2A700

171CC

I'm wondering if the 2A700 is an identification No. or serial No. i would hope that it means something.

Anybody have any ideas about the year, also if there will be issues later in the resto with matching different engine to frame, that may trip me up? (it mounts ok)

Any help will be gratefully received

Taffny

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

I have just bought a non running DT175 on a 79 chassis, I believe though that the engine is from a different year. I'm not sure whether this will cause problems or not, but i need to get a CDI for it, so when I find one it needs to be the right one.

The Source coils are there and there are 6 wires from them. The only marks i can find on the engine are:

2A700

171CC

I'm wondering if the 2A700 is an identification No. or serial No. i would hope that it means something.

Anybody have any ideas about the year, also if there will be issues later in the resto with matching different engine to frame, that may trip me up? (it mounts ok)

Any help will be gratefully received

Taffny

Taffny, that isnt your engine number, you got that from the barrel didnt you?

Your engine number is on the RH crankcase next to where the clutch cover is

This number should match the number on the frame steering head tube

Taffny, that isnt your engine number, you got that from the barrel didnt you?

Your engine number is on the RH crankcase next to where the clutch cover is

This number should match the number on the frame steering head tube

Thanks for replying,

I'll have a look at the crankcase when i get to work on Monday, and post what i find.

Cheers,

Taffny

Sussed it. The engine and frame no. are the same and match the age verification cert I have, which puts my mind at rest.

Thanks for your input oldgitonabike!

:rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online