Model Year Confusion

Jeffo
This post is 5602 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have seen a lot of bikes advertised (mostly on ebay), and I am sure that they are advertising the incorrect model years.

My understanding is that the tail on 06+ bikes is very tapered.

for example...Here is my bike that I got 2 days ago. It is a 2006.

CIMG4926.JPG

And here is one (on ebay), which is advertised as a 2007 model.

0abd_1.JPG

I could easily give many more examples of bikes listed as 06 or 07 models which are clearly not. How can this be?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

2006 model year, registered in 2007.

I had a 2005, 54 plate R6 that was actually a 2004 model. The guy in the showroom tried it on but I knew it was an old model because the forks were upright (they changed to upside-down in Feb 2005).

;)

I have seen a lot of bikes advertised (mostly on ebay), and I am sure that they are advertising the incorrect model years.

My understanding is that the tail on 06+ bikes is very tapered.

for example...Here is my bike that I got 2 days ago. It is a 2006.

CIMG4926.JPG

And here is one (on ebay), which is advertised as a 2007 model.

0abd_1.JPG

I could easily give many more examples of bikes listed as 06 or 07 models which are clearly not. How can this be?

:rolleyes: Hi I suppose it all depends if you are being econonmic with the truth.

As in are you actually telling porky's if you advertise your bike as a 2007 bike on an AB 57 XYZ plate because the first date of registry would be ?? 1/9/07 so as far as the seller is concerned it is an 07 bike.

I recently sold a fazer which was on an 07 plate but I did advertise it as an 06 model on an 07 plate. Now people out there are going to jump up and say, I had to say that as there was a model change as in the fazer 2 arrived on the seen from I think January 2007 so I would have had no chioce.

But how many people would be willing to openly state that there bike was an 06 bike on an 07/57 plate if the model they are selling is still in production, I suspect not many.

Lew

Yamaha put out two versions of the R6. When they introduced the new R6 in 2006 it was classed as an R6R. They also continued with the previous model but this was classed as the R6S. Therefore it is quite reasonable to see both with some younger older versions (if that makes sense).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online