xt 350 driveshaft

chappers
This post is 5604 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This must be the last most daftest question of 2008 - can an XT 350 driveshaft be replaced with the engine in the bike??? :blink: Any answers, and heightened levels of abuse greatly appreciated. :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This must be the last most daftest question of 2008 - can an XT 350 driveshaft be replaced with the engine in the bike??? :blink: Any answers, and heightened levels of abuse greatly appreciated. :lol:

I would like to see a picture of your drive shaft in a XT 350.

I would like to see a picture of your drive shaft in a XT 350.

Hi, I think it's actually called the output shaft, which has the drive sprocket on it. All the splines are well worn, someone's tried to weld the sprocket on, it flops about all over the place. I'm just wondering if there's a way into the engine/gearbox without a complete strip down. Maybe some sort of effective bodge might get to hold the sprocket on firmly, but I'm unsure. :blink:

Hi, I think it's actually called the output shaft, which has the drive sprocket on it. All the splines are well worn, someone's tried to weld the sprocket on, it flops about all over the place. I'm just wondering if there's a way into the engine/gearbox without a complete strip down. Maybe some sort of effective bodge might get to hold the sprocket on firmly, but I'm unsure. :blink:

Chappers you posted this twice and i answered the question!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online