Electric start on 1974 dt 125??

donny o
This post is 5630 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just got a 1974 dt 125---or so I think-- it says 6/73 on the neck but my research so far says its a 74 dt and not a 73 at3.

Am told if its maroon its a 74. It says Enduro 125 on the right side muffler. Any enlinghtening responses on this continuing mystery?? It's driving me crazy so any help is useful. But Anyway---there is a button on the right handle bar right below the RUN and OFF switch that says START. Does this bike have electric start? If so, where is the starter motor? I know I can look it up in a service manual but still need to nail down what year this bike is so I can get the right manual.. Does anyone besides Clymer make one? What did they use back in 1974 at the dealer? It does have the high front fender by the way. Is there a model difference between the low street fender and the high one? I would really really appreciate any help on any of this. Thanks a lot!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How about a serial # that's all we need. The 125's do have electric start. With out you at least telling us the color of the bike it still sounds like a 1974.

How about a serial # that's all we need. The 125's do have electric start. With out you at least telling us the color of the bike it still sounds like a 1974.

I guess I wasn't clear enough. It is maroon and the # is 444-000480

I guess I wasn't clear enough. It is maroon and the # is 444-000480

You have a 1974 DT 125A

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online