dt125 float valve sticking

wescole
This post is 5642 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I have a dt125 fully converted to offroad use, Is it normal for the float valve in the carb to get stuck if I leave the fuel tap on overnight?

everytime it gets stuck i have to take the bike apart and drain the carb out. also i have tryed starting my bike up with fuel tap turned off to drain it, this doesnt work.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution please reply thanks.

regards,

Wes

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i will try that next time it gets stuck thanks

This is a bit old school but i got myself into the habit of switching the petrol off before the engine whenever i switch the bike off, after the joys of draining the cases on my DT after i jacked it up 'a little'. The angle it sat at on the stand meant the floats rest on the side of the bowl and dont always close.

It is something i always do now from habit. Total cost nowt.....

This is a bit old school but i got myself into the habit of switching the petrol off before the engine whenever i switch the bike off, after the joys of draining the cases on my DT after i jacked it up 'a little'. The angle it sat at on the stand meant the floats rest on the side of the bowl and dont always close.

It is something i always do now from habit. Total cost nowt.....

since i got a pitstand it doesnt get stuck even if i leave the petrol on. maybe the standard stand angle is a problem.

thanks for your help guys

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online