Buying a Used YBR - Tips

-Ryan-
This post is 5668 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone

I have been riding a 125 Yamaha Cygnus for just over a year but can't resist getting a geared bike any longer so I'm looking to buy a used YBR. I use it for doing small journeys; rarely more than 20 miles or so.

I have no experience buying vehicles second-hand so can anybody give me any tips, or advice on what to check for?

I've heard that the YBR can suffer from rust, is there anything else specific that you would recommend I look out for? Any general advice would be great too!

Thanks and happy riding,

Ryan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

make sure that when you buy it, its indicators work, and they have a little ride on it.. obvious stuff really, but I didnt do it and i had to re-wire my bike myself..

Also make sure they provide a good engine history with it

Cheers Duffers, I will do.

Because I know so little about bikes I'm going to buy from a main dealer rather than a private sale. I know it might be a bit more expensive but I'd rather not risk ending up with a dodgy bike.

Thanks for your advice buddy :)

No problem, Try and find 2 dealers with the same bike, don't just find the first one and buy from them without checking the other deals ;)

~Dufferz

Hello everyone

I have been riding a 125 Yamaha Cygnus for just over a year but can't resist getting a geared bike any longer so I'm looking to buy a used YBR. I use it for doing small journeys; rarely more than 20 miles or so.

I have no experience buying vehicles second-hand so can anybody give me any tips, or advice on what to check for?

I've heard that the YBR can suffer from rust, is there anything else specific that you would recommend I look out for? Any general advice would be great too!

Thanks and happy riding,

Ryan

before you buy 1 make sure you have a ride on it, the gearboxes on ybr's can be a pain in the ass, i know, ive got one.

I often use my daughters YBR...gears are a bit of a problem. I would never reccommend YBR to anyone....mind you its never let me down but then its only done 2000 miles.

Buy a copy of Bike Trader and look at the first few pages.

Tells you loads of stuff about what to look for on just about any bike you are interested in.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online