ybr125 gearbox problems

Morgy
This post is 5670 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im having problems with my bike and need a little advice.

1. sometimes when in neutral the gear shift won't go into first unless i roll the bike forwards.

2. sometimes when i take off and then change to second it goes into neutral (even with a good flick of my foot)

3. when i try to start the bike (with neutral light on)it won't, unless i turn the back wheel a little

Could someone suggest the problem, cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Im having problems with my bike and need a little advice.

1. sometimes when in neutral the gear shift won't go into first unless i roll the bike forwards.

2. sometimes when i take off and then change to second it goes into neutral (even with a good flick of my foot)

3. when i try to start the bike (with neutral light on)it won't, unless i turn the back wheel a little

Could someone suggest the problem, cheers

Hi Morgy, its all been said before Here

have a read.

Yes it does seem quite common with this bike, the best you can do is adjust the clutch properly and ensure that the correct oil is used in the engine

can the adjustment of the clutch be done externally or do i have to dig a bit deeper. Sorry this is my first bike and am a little unsure of it's mechanics

can the adjustment of the clutch be done externally or do i have to dig a bit deeper. Sorry this is my first bike and am a little unsure of it's mechanics

At the clutch lever where the cable is fixed you will see an adjuster with a locking ring. slacken the locking ring and turn the adjuster until there is no free play in the lever, then screw in (clockwise) the adjuster 1/2 turn. finally re tighten the locking ring. You should now have just a little free play in the lever.

At the clutch lever where the cable is fixed you will see an adjuster with a locking ring. slacken the locking ring and turn the adjuster until there is no free play in the lever, then screw in (clockwise) the adjuster 1/2 turn. finally re tighten the locking ring. You should now have just a little free play in the lever.

Ok, cool thank you for your help, not knowing can be a pain in the rear end, cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online