bit more advice plz

steved
This post is 5676 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just fitted a new exhaust (big one) sounds ok and has made the bike a bit quicker,but it getting a flat

spot when i go into 6th gear, any ideas anyone

Could be too big and you are loosing engine back pressure.

Could be too big and you are loosing engine back pressure.

Did you fit a bigger main jet in the carb when you did it? Did you fit a freeer-flowing air-filter? If so, fine tuning is required.

If not, you've made the bike louder, which <> faster.

Tried earthing the cable behind speedo? that broadens 6th gear and makes it run through alot better.

Otherwise you might find youself having to go into 5th all the time?

Tried earthing the cable behind speedo? that broadens 6th gear and makes it run through alot better.

Otherwise you might find youself having to go into 5th all the time?

what cable is it behind the speedo?

You will see a connector block behind the speedo with 3 cables going in one side and only 2 the other.

The one thats singled out with nothing coming out the otherside i think its a green cable with a brown stripe? any way disconnect it or cut and then earth it onto the frame/yolks you'll notice a lot of a difference.

You will see a connector block behind the speedo with 3 cables going in one side and only 2 the other.

The one thats singled out with nothing coming out the otherside i think its a green cable with a brown stripe? any way disconnect it or cut and then earth it onto the frame/yolks you'll notice a lot of a difference.

cheers , will give it a go

Did you fit a bigger main jet in the carb when you did it? Did you fit a freeer-flowing air-filter? If so, fine tuning is required.

If not, you've made the bike louder, which <> faster.

hi i think your right it is louder and only a tad faster. have

not fitted a bigger main jet, havent touched the air filter