xs360 air cleaner joints

gibbzy237
This post is 5687 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can any one help us??? PLEASE???

We are trying to locate a set of air cleaner joints to suit a 76 xs360. We have located and bought 2 but they all seem to be too small. Our measurements are 55mm, but the joints we get are all 50mm. Can any one tell us what the outside measurement of the carbi is meant to be?

Thanks all in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, for an exact fit, you could probably find what you need here or here. But, try ebay first.

Actually, I just bought a set of forks on ebay off an XS400. He did have the joints listed on there in his store.

Thanks for the info and links, but we have already purchased two off ebay, but they are too small. What I need to know is what the measurement of the air cleaner joints should be at the carbi. If you could provide that it would be most appreciated.

Well, for an exact fit, you could probably find what you need here or here. But, try ebay first.

Actually, I just bought a set of forks on ebay off an XS400. He did have the joints listed on there in his store.

I dunno, I'd have to take them off the bike to measure them...which I guess I could do, but can't you just measure the outside diameter of the carb intakes?

Yo Gibbz, lookie here.

There's a bunch of 'em on ebay that should fit your bike.

Yo Gibbz, lookie here.

There's a bunch of 'em on ebay that should fit your bike.

Hi G-Man

We have already bought 2 sets for it that were meant to fit ours, but neither of them fits our carbis. We now have to work out whether or not we have the right carbis. We bought the carbis off an XS 250, and told they were xs 360. Do you know if they are all the same from the 250-400?

Thanks for your help.

Sonja.

Hey Sonja, wot up. As far as I know, all the 70's XS250, 360, and 400's share the same everything. But I dunno, maybe they did send you an oddball set of carbs.

Anyone here toss on clamp-on filters? Seems they could be had for pretty cheap for a fugly pair: http://www.jcwhitney.com/FLEX-CORE-FOAM-AI...14691_10111.jcw

But then, what to do with the vent going into the crankcase? Another filter?

Hey Sonja, wot up. As far as I know, all the 70's XS250, 360, and 400's share the same everything. But I dunno, maybe they did send you an oddball set of carbs.

xs250 carbs are 32mm, 360 and 400 carbs are 34mm as are the 750/850/1100

Can any one help us??? PLEASE???

We are trying to locate a set of air cleaner joints to suit a 76 xs360. We have located and bought 2 but they all seem to be too small. Our measurements are 55mm, but the joints we get are all 50mm. Can any one tell us what the outside measurement of the carbi is meant to be?

Thanks all in advance.

I have a spare set at home for an 80 XS-400.. same as the 77 XS-400 part.. I'll measure when I get home.

xs250 carbs are 32mm, 360 and 400 carbs are 34mm as are the 750/850/1100

Oooh, well then, there ya go.

Gibbz, 2mm difference, it's probably a fairly simple mod to make them joints fit.

Oooh, well then, there ya go.

Gibbz, 2mm difference, it's probably a fairly simple mod to make them joints fit.

I think the quoted size is the engine side of them. I suspect the filter side is different and it sounds like the OP has the wrong carbs for the bike which is why the correct parts don't fit.

I think the quoted size is the engine side of them. I suspect the filter side is different and it sounds like the OP has the wrong carbs for the bike which is why the correct parts don't fit.

the mm quoted refers to the model carbs, to which the 250 is physically different from the 34mm ones and not just the venturi size, which incidentally, what Cy says is correct!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online