YBR125

gbx79
This post is 5692 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everybody ... 1st post here.

About to take the plunge and buy a bike and am almost sure on getting a new YBR125. I see a few people round here have one and are happy.

If not the YBR125, what else would your recommend for a learner thats not a scooter?

Thanks

Gary

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

dont rush to get a bike wait a couple more weeks for the weather to get really bad and you will get a better deal as prices are droping on ebay and dealers will give better offers as not many ppl want to ride a bike in the winter.

The YBR 125 looks a good bike but a lot of people say it has problems with the gearbox jumping gears and such like. Mainly due to being new maybe buy a ybr thats a couple of years old and this prob might of been sorted. as for another bike you have the yamaha sr125 wich is a good bike and the platform for the ybr 125 and personaly think its bullet proof as its been going for years and a favoroute with cbt tests and the honda cg 125 is also another good comuter as for sport type bikes go for 4 stroke for reliabilaty as two stroke will spend just as much time in the dealers as under ur bum ok 4 stroke arnt as quick but 125's are good for 65mph ish depending on the bike some more. on another note when your looking for a bike have a look for parts on ebay as thats a good indication of prices of parts and availabilaty...

Stay away from cheap imports like jinlun and yamaski and suck like as parts are expencive and the build quality is really poor and most bike dealers wont touch them with a barge pole or if they do they will charge for it....

Hope you have luck finding your bike and remember Safety first get your gear first and get the best you can afford.

hope its helped

its all rubbish about the gearbox mate, if you learn how to ride then u wont have a problem.

i am a speed freak, so why buy a ybr? well it may only do 65/70mph

but it is so fun going round backroads on and throwing round towns

i would recomend one of them mate, its a perfect bike to get you into your bike career for sure, and its simple and easy to clean and maintain.

I likes my YBR125, although being a fat arse I'm looking forward to having a bike with a bit more power to it. I posted before about having troubles with the gears, but tbh I took it to the garage today and there's nothing wrong with the gears except the eejit using them :lol:

Nice bike, does the job - nippy, easy to ride (I would say "foolproof" but this fool is proof that it isn't). Hubby has a baby Varadero and I'm dying to get my hands on it when he does his DAS, but long term I'm looking for a MT-03 after my own DAS.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online