99 SR 125 starting problems

steve rist
This post is 5681 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi,

i have just bought a 99 sr 125, i've had it running but now it won't start. i have topped up chraged and tested the battery and this is ok.

the start ticks over and occasionally it attemp to fire, i have tried using the choke and also adjusting the ide revs but with no luck.

any help?

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi,

i have just bought a 99 sr 125, i've had it running but now it won't start. i have topped up chraged and tested the battery and this is ok.

the start ticks over and occasionally it attemp to fire, i have tried using the choke and also adjusting the ide revs but with no luck.

any help?

thanks

Petrol on?

Not run into reserve? Try reserve position

Try prime position if there is one

Dont know if this will help you but I have an sr 125 and found the best way to start it from cold is to pull out the choke all the way and give the throtle a slight twist as you start it. mine wont start unless I give it a slight twist of the throtle. you could check your jets to make sure they are clean its quite an easy job to do and well worth doing. there is a post on here from me about carb probs i had and there is a link to a video of a very similar carb and how to strip down....

p.s.

Welcome to Yamaha owners club

Umm... sounds familiar. Look for one of my posts on Sr125 carb - it details the settings I used after a carb strip and clean.

>the start ticks over and occasionally it attemp to fire, i have tried using the choke and also adjusting the ide revs but with no luck.

Had exactly the same problem with old stale petrol - get some fresh stuff in there!

Your idle speed setting could be a bit low, or the pilot screw incorrect. Check petrol tap, fuel level in tank, make sure there's no rusty crap in the tank (if there is, get an inline fuel filter - just cut an inch of pipe out of the fuel line and insert the filter in its place). These carbs are dead easy to strip -might be worth a try if there's any chance something cruddy has got past the fuel tap.

HTH,

Nigel

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online