DT125R help

ch4v16
This post is 5715 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:angry: i was riding round last night on my DTR as i usually do then i heard clonk clang and it cut out, i go to kick it back over the kick start is solid. so I'm think seized (oh s**t) my mum then told me try bumping it so i did the kick start became free again but wouldn't kick over so i bumped it again and it started 2 go then it kept backfiring and wouldn't go faster than bout 10 MPH.

if any1 knows anything please help my lil bike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:angry: i was riding round last night on my DTR as i usually do then i heard clonk clang and it cut out, i go to kick it back over the kick start is solid. so I'm think seized (oh s**t) my mum then told me try bumping it so i did the kick start became free again but wouldn't kick over so i bumped it again and it started 2 go then it kept backfiring and wouldn't go faster than bout 10 MPH.

if any1 knows anything please help my lil bike

You should stop riding it straight away, sounds like something has come adrift, I suggest you check the generator flywheel hasnt come loose

Oh mate, sounds like it sized up,two stroke will sizeup ,then when they are cool they will free of a bit,but what happens is the rings damage the cylinder, resulting in compression loss ,look like you need a top end rebuild,Parsley

Oh mate, sounds like it sized up,two stroke will sizeup ,then when they are cool they will free of a bit,but what happens is the rings damage the cylinder, resulting in compression loss ,look like you need a top end rebuild,Parsley

were are you? if you are in the norwich area & can get it to me, ill fix it for you Parsley

when i get home 2 night i'm going 2 strip the carb nd shiz wid ma mate and c if we can find the problem

definetly a rebuild

if u notice the bike starts gettin faster it usually meens it on its way out so fetch your self piston and rings sharpish

barrel only nee doin every 2 blow ups unless brain cell tries bumping it which will then makje your rings 'eat' your barrel

cheers

DTXracer

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online