Just failed my test

Scotyam
This post is 5704 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone I was hoping today was going to be a happy day for me but not to be. I had my test this morning at 9.40 and all week doing my das course I was getting on great but yesterday for some reason I couldn't get my u-turns, today however I was at the training school at 7 am and I practiced until it fell into place. Then when I started my test I couldn't beleive how smoothly it went, all my manouvers were perfect until 10 minutes to go I stalled the bike at a junction, the bike was in second I was sure I had it in first and I ran over the give way and he failed me boohoo. Apart from theat I got one other minor fault.......Gutted absolutely gutted.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everyone I was hoping today was going to be a happy day for me but not to be. I had my test this morning at 9.40 and all week doing my das course I was getting on great but yesterday for some reason I couldn't get my u-turns, today however I was at the training school at 7 am and I practiced until it fell into place. Then when I started my test I couldn't beleive how smoothly it went, all my manouvers were perfect until 10 minutes to go I stalled the bike at a junction, the bike was in second I was sure I had it in first and I ran over the give way and he failed me boohoo. Apart from theat I got one other minor fault.......Gutted absolutely gutted.

Awwww honey. This is shitty, BUT you didnt do anything majorly wrong that cant be avoided next time. Book yourself a retest ASAP. <BIG HUGS> ;)

Awwww honey. This is shitty, BUT you didnt do anything majorly wrong that cant be avoided next time. Book yourself a retest ASAP. <BIG HUGS> ;)

Thanks a lot I think I just need a hug lol. I wanted to rebook my test right away but they are having all sorts of problems with their systems and said it would take a few days to sort out, hey 2 other guys in my rider school had their tests booked for this afternoon and the DSA had lost all of their details from file and wern't sure if they would have to rebook them for another day.

chin up fella, dont give in.

i passed last week, got 4 minor faults.... 2 were for moving out and looking to overtake but not having the opportunity to complete the maneuver. faults???? my instructer told me the examiner was picking at things because my riding was more than up to scratch, he said another examiner would have recognised those "faults" as confidence and trying to make progress.....

although i was lucky in some way.... after my u turn i got back on the bike and was told to ride around the block for the emergency stop. after completing the emergency stop the examiner asked "at what point did you realise that your side stand was down" eh?? er er 1st corner.... " i thought so, it must have been up just enough not to cut the engine out when you put the machine in gear! that was lucky"

still, you have at least 6 months until the new test is brought in. you will pass

I failed my test in August cos of 3 minors... forgot to turn me indicator off, then nearly dropped the bike at a junction... which flustered me and I forgot to turn me indicator off again :/

It happens, I'm just glad the new test is delayed so I can save up and take it again. In any case, I'll be on a 125 for a while... use it to get to work, mpg is amazing ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online