DT100 Rebuild

chrisdt100
This post is 5733 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Whereabouts are you Chris?

I've an '81 AG100, sold to me as a DT (!) which is based heavily on the DT100.

Over the years I've collected a few bits and bobs, including a spare pair of forks.

Both the spare set, and the ones on the bike, are pretty good (but the bike hasn't been back on the road since I bought it, kind of a long term project...).

Pretty good means not leaking oil everywhere, and they are gaitered. But have not had a look at the stanchions in years! :huh:

Plan A was to sort the bike out and get it MOT'd with the best set of forks (and rear shocks, as I've a spare pair of those too), which I'm going to start to look at in the next couple of weeks, so I might have a spare pair of forks up for grabs...

Depends heavily on the age of you machine probably, if it's too new then the forks I have a probably too thin...?

Do you have a caliper to check what the diameter of your current forks are?

Or go onto ebay and look for a second hand set.

On the plus side, 2 strokes tend to go bang and leave the frames and forks in good nick, so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting replacements.

Paul

Not a very popular bike so you may have to wait a while to find some, I suggest you look into Pauls offer, give him some measurements etc, and it might help if you post a photo. If nothing comes of it, ebay will be your best bet, save a search and the forks will come and find you!, There are firms that will re chrome so dont throw your old ones away It is however expensive.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online