YZ426F White Oil ?

jeesea
This post is 5722 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone, Just joined the forum and it looks great. I hope someone can help me with my bike.

I've got a '02 YZ426f which I overfilled with oil, but I still went riding for about 10 glorious hours. When I was washing it after the ride I noticed that there was white oil dripping from the engine breather. There is no oil in my radiator...or on the dipstick... Does anyone know what else could be wrong?

Head gasket... water pump seal... ???

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome:

Do you pressure wash the bike?

Also your airbox will be full with oil from the sound of it.

Yeah, I do pressure wash the bike, but I make sure not to get any oil in the top of the engine or the airbox. I've checked and there is no water, I've got a new filter & skin and I use No Toil oil...

Hi and welcome, Not familiar with the bike, But I'm wondering if the white oil you say is oil/water emulsion, could be cylinder head gasket. Is it a watercooled bike and can you see any oil in the coolant expansion tank?

Hi, Yes it's a water-cooled bike and No, no oil in the radiator. Also being an MX'er I've just got overflow and no expansion tank... although, I reckon it's a great idea and I might look at wacking one in for the long enduro sessions, great idea thanks!

Guest Exupnutta

Yeah, I do pressure wash the bike, but I make sure not to get any oil in the top of the engine or the airbox. I've checked and there is no water, I've got a new filter & skin and I use No Toil oil...

As the oldgit says Water/Oil emulsion... NOT GOOD!

If it's not a blow gasket, then you have injected water into the engine with the pressure washer....

An engine rebuild will be the only way to clean it out properly... or at least 3 oil changes with new filter each time and using some engine flush, but no guarantees there :(

I have been trying to explain to others why pressure washing is a big NO NO. Read some of my other posts :D

Don't run the engine with too much oil in... that's why it's coming out the breather, because the engine is forcing out the excess oil. It can actually damage the engine by having too much oil in it.

As a test to find out WHAT went wrong, I would drain the coolant. If clean and normal, then my pressure washer theory is correct and you MAY get away with doing oil changes and I do mean 1 after the other without riding it. Just run the engine for 10-15min in between. Personally I wouldn't do that, I would just strip it down and rebuild it.

HTH

Olli

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online