What is considered high mielage for an R6

Captain Carling
This post is 5730 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i would also like to know this as my 2001 r6 is just about to hit 18000 miles is there anything i should be aware of or that should be replaced?

High mileage, LOLOLOL, I took a 2003 XJ900s Diversion Early this year over the 70,000 mile mark. I got it with 9000 miles on in March last year....Thats HIGH.

18000 miles...It hasnt even been run in yet mate. That works out at 2571.4 miles per year...about what I do every month (Im only part time couriering now). She will be fine. Just keep up riding, oil and filter changes, keep an eye on wheel bearings. Keep her clean, not so she looks great, but also its a good chance to look round her and check nuts and bolts are ok. If theres anything wrong, you will see it.

Most bikes dont get used all year, lots do of course, but those that dont may only do a maximum of 5000 miles a year..if that.