bransons in yeovil

fluffybunny
This post is 5725 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my god do bike shops see me cummin and rip me of for fun

as most of u know i have been doin up a dt and needed a volt regulater

so i rang round a few places and it was 40 ponud at V and Js in mudford and 28 in bransons so i tock my self down to bransons and ordered it i was proud as punch that i was doin all this on my own lol (i know sad )

so the bit came to day and they rang me it has been allmost a week the girl on the phone said there is an exter 3o something pound to pay i payed 36 on the day i ordered it i said no as i had payed the price on the day and she said that when it was ordered it was more and i now had to pay the exter !!!!!!

any way i said no they told me it was 28 +vat that was what i payed and that is what i wanted it for

mr branson then call back and told me he had spocken to the guy that served me and that i was told it might be more

i said no i was not as had i thought it would be more i would have gone some where that would give me a defenet price

and he said i was LIEIN .is this just because i am a girl i am now not sure what to do if i am goin to get riped off all the time maybe i should not bother

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If they refuse to refund your money tell them you will report them to trading standards & report them in the biking press. No bike shop can afford negative press these days, it costs them too much money. I know of a couple of shops that were put out of business that way.

Hi Bunny, the motorcycle market has just as many shady dealers as any other industry, and probably more. This internet thingy grants us the power to communicate and humiliate the dishonest among us. Send the shop a link to this thread and tell them that you are going to name them and shame them if they do not refund your money. Tell them that if they can take your money then you can take their reputation, and ask them which is worth more?! Point out that bad word of mouth can cost them thousands of pounds, and they won't know how much until it is too late.

When you paid for the item that fixed the price under contract. Point this out as well. Small claims court is your recourse. Your receipt is your proof, and it trumps any verbal agreement about "paying extra". If they don't show, and they probably won't, you win by default. You most likely won't get any money back this way, but it is a moral victory. Humiliating them in public is well worth the cost, and will make you feel worlds better.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online