XS400 Maxim headlight

road_rascal
This post is 5707 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I see that the headlight on my Maxim is a sealed unit. Would any 7" replacement headlight work? I've been researching a bit and it seems that a seller on eBay (Rimiinc) sells universal headlight replacements that uses a standard H4 bulb. The stock lamp isn't burned out yet, but for a 26 year old bike I probably should start looking for a replacement soon. Here's a link to one of the headlights:

http://stores.ebay.com/Autopal-Lights

The Maxim headlight measures out to the same size as my '97 Nighthawk, so I'm guessing it would drop right into the bucket on the Maxim. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I see that the headlight on my Maxim is a sealed unit. Would any 7" replacement headlight work? I've been researching a bit and it seems that a seller on eBay (Rimiinc) sells universal headlight replacements that uses a standard H4 bulb. The stock lamp isn't burned out yet, but for a 26 year old bike I probably should start looking for a replacement soon. Here's a link to one of the headlights:

http://stores.ebay.com/Autopal-Lights

The Maxim headlight measures out to the same size as my '97 Nighthawk, so I'm guessing it would drop right into the bucket on the Maxim. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Just give it a shot and see.

@ 1 time.....I swapped the headlight from my '82 400 Seca (Halogen bulb unit) onto my 550 Seca (sealed beam)....

What an improvement!! :blink: .......Highly recommended!....plus the halogen bulbs can be had for less than 10 bux.....bought 1 for my XT not too long ago, for only $6. :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...

I bought one of the lights from the same seller on ebay. Fit right into my 550 Maxim head lamp. The bulb was defective and burned out in two days. The seller sent me a new bulb for no charge and is working great after two months. I work nights and drive 60 miles daily. It's great to have more light on the road.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online