why wont my 125cc dt fire back up?

mattyyy
This post is 5641 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just bought a yamaha dt 125cc offroader and it fired up then cut out straight away so i tried starting it again and now it wont fire up, ive checked for a spark and there isnt one :S why is this if it fired up first time? cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just bought a yamaha dt 125cc offroader and it fired up then cut out straight away so i tried starting it again and now it wont fire up, ive checked for a spark and there isnt one :S why is this if it fired up first time? cheers

Have you checked the fuses (if fitted) or the connections to the coils?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have you checked the fuses (if fitted) or the connections to the coils?

other users are right first check the plug my son has a dtr125 and if the plug gets fouled it wont start, check the condition of the plug is it oily/black best to replace with new one even if it has a spark if you are premixing your oil in your tank you may be out on your ratios 5litres gas uk to 150 mls 2 stroke i.e 32/1, if there is no spark check fuses first then if thats ok get a multimeter check that you get voltage to the coil when kicking bike over if you get voltage going into coil but still no spark the coils gone kaput unusual but does happen recomend getting a workshop manual if you are keeping the bike any length of time.

• 2 weeks later...

This also happened to my dt125, i checked the spark and there wasnt one. then i was gettin quite annoyed with it :P and i gave it a little clean around all the electric parts stripped my bike checked all wires to killswitchs etc and taped em up. took the carb off and cleaned that, then my bike was running perfect.

• Who's Online (See full list)