05 R6 front end shaking

Bkd008
This post is 5720 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 05 R6 and I am experiencing front end shake starting around 90 mph. The handlebars seem to be shaking side to side and not up and down. I thought it could have been the front tire so I had a new tire installed and it is still shaking. On my old f4i it wouldn't shake this way at all, evn when i reached around 150 mph. Please help me out with any ideas that you can think of because i need to correct this problem asap. Thank you very much.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

We have had tales like this before. Most of the time it is the rear wagging the dog. Check you rear tyre and wheel also your swing arm bearings and rear shock. There is a 99% certainty that's where you will find the problem.

However, some bikes do need a steering damper, so check your head bearings and fit a damper if you find nothing else.

Check back here when you find the problem.

G`day,

I had this problem with a Beemer and if I took my hands off the bars I would nearly drop it. I, like most of us was thinking of all sorts of fixes, as mentioned previously and more.

Like you I also thought of replacing the front tyre, did`nt work. I got on the net and searched, found heaps and heaps of people with the same problem. Most of them fixed the problem with a new tyre, BUGGER, I tried that.

BUT, I chose a really good tyre, but not the right one. I spoke to quite a few BMW mechanics and narrowed it down to a handfull of tryes. None of which I had bought.

Anyway, I bought another one and BINGO, perfect. I could let go of the bars at any speed and it tracked perfectly.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online