'86 FZ750 Fuel Pump

Darkstorm
This post is 5749 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently bought a 1986 FZ750, and am new to the forum, so Hello to all! When I got the bike, it had no fuel pump, and was gravity fed. I found this very annoying, as if the gas tank isn't kept topped up it can cause it to sputter, stall, etc.. To fix this I purchased a used fuel pump from a wrecked FZ750 of the same year.

The problem now is that I don't have all the info I need to mount the enw pump properly. I have the Clymer manual for the bike, but it's woefully inadequate for the fuel pump install. Has anyone done this before or have the knowledge I need to get this done? I need to know what size bolts to buy to mount the pump, as well as if they need washers, or nuts on the other end? The manual only shows a picture of aone already mounted, and I can't tell how or what it mounts to. Any info/pictures of the fuel lines and wiring layout related to this would also be helpful.

It seems like a pretty easy job, but some level of fabrication is going to be required to get it back on there and I really don't want to have to "Wing It" on this. Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.