recommend luggage for a YBR?

sparky_kh
This post is 5720 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

:unsure: I have recently bought a YBR 125 that I am still learning on post-CBT. I want to take it to work to get more practise, but my laptop is a bit too heavy and awkward on a backpack. Can anyone recommend any luggage that might be suitable and compatible with my bike? I am not too keen on a topbox - being only 5'3", I might have some difficulty getting onto the bike with one!

Thanks for any ideas.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you really want to carry a laptop on a bike, I think a top box is the most secure method available. Make sure you have the PC suitably wrapped up, mind; you don't want to damage it in transit.

Whilst it's not cheap, the Givi system for hard luggage means that if you change your bike, you can retain the top box and just replace the rack because all top boxes and panniers fit using a common, modular connection system.

I wouldn't worry about the height issue, unless you intend mounting the bike à la cowboy films, i.e. leapfrogging onto the bike from behind. My other half is 5' 2" and can get on my TDM (which is considerably taller than a YBR 125) with not much effort and the top box fitted. Go into a bike showroom and ask if they have any bikes with top boxes on for you to try to get on.

Another alternative is a tank bag. However, I'm not sure you'd get one that a would easily contain a laptop. My Oxford humpback tankbag expands a lot but I've not tried getting a laptop in it. Oxford also makes another tank bag that may fit the bill.

• 1 month later...

If you really want to carry a laptop on a bike, I think a top box is the most secure method available. Make sure you have the PC suitably wrapped up, mind; you don't want to damage it in transit.

Whilst it's not cheap, the Givi system for hard luggage means that if you change your bike, you can retain the top box and just replace the rack because all top boxes and panniers fit using a common, modular connection system.

I wouldn't worry about the height issue, unless you intend mounting the bike à la cowboy films, i.e. leapfrogging onto the bike from behind. My other half is 5' 2" and can get on my TDM (which is considerably taller than a YBR 125) with not much effort and the top box fitted. Go into a bike showroom and ask if they have any bikes with top boxes on for you to try to get on.

Another alternative is a tank bag. However, I'm not sure you'd get one that a would easily contain a laptop. My Oxford humpback tankbag expands a lot but I've not tried getting a laptop in it. Oxford also makes another tank bag that may fit the bill.

Anythings possible... :lol:

Sldsumday1-0007HometoLochLomand1.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online