BeeWhizz! Wont Start Up

Jim Jim
This post is 5750 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well a few weeks ago my bike started to run sluggish and cut out a lot, so me and my cousin took apart the carboreter, cleaned it out and stuck it back on, the bike ran fine, till the next day it just wouldnt start up. We did the same thing, cleaned it out but noticed no petrol was in the carboreter, so a few days later we stripped the bike down and found the vacuum pump on the tank, took it off and checked it out, works ok and all the pipes are fine, but no petrols getting through and the piston chamber is bone dry.

Anyone know how to sort this or know whats up, cause its giving me a major headache and is really bugging me not having my bike!

(Sorry if i've spelled things wrong, i cant spell properly :P)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Does it have a vacuum operated fuel tap?

Well, im not 100% sure, but i dont think it does, its just got a vacuum pump on the fuel tank that connects to the carboreter, but the guy at my local garage took a look and said it works fine.

Does the fuel tap mount directly on the fuel tank, and how many pipes are attached, and where do these pipes go to?

Can you explain this vacuum pump to me

Sorry, should of explained this in my first post. It is a gold sealed unit that slots directly into the bottom of the tank with a pipe like filter, there are 2 pipes leading from the vacuum tap to the carburetor, (i have checked the pipes, there all clear).

Sorry, should of explained this in my first post. It is a gold sealed unit that slots directly into the bottom of the tank with a pipe like filter, there are 2 pipes leading from the vacuum tap to the carburetor,

These two pipes, does one of them go to the manifold, and the other to the carburettor?

No, they both attach to the carburetor, one is a thick pipe that seems to be the main one, then theres the smaller one which goes to the side of the carburetor.

It looks like a vacuum operated valve

so its got one pipe to the carb to feed petrol

and another to the inlet manifold...yes

can you confirm this?

No, they both attach to the carburetor. I just dont understand cuase we've checked everything, and it all works, just no petrols coming through, and inside the carburetor, theres a tiny amount of green looking oil.(dunno if thats sugnificant, just remembered it now sorry)

They might both attach to the carb, but i think one is the fuel supply to the carb, and the other is vacuum to open up the vacuum fuel valve in the tank

you havent got a picture of the carb showing these connections have you?

Heres a picture of the carburetor, the 2 attachments are the pipe lines im talking about, the large one at the top is the feeder of petrol, and the smaller one in the middle of the carburetor is the small pipe. ITL-234071406.jpg

Im making this hard to solve sorry, if you want in the morning i can take pictures of it all connected and email them to you or post them on this if you want, it'll make life easier and stop me giving you a headache :P

Right

Pull off the tube to the carb that feeds petrol to it

place a container under this pipe

pull off the other pipe, and suck on it

this should open up the vacuum valve and fuel should come out of the fuel pipe into the container

if it does, replace the fuel pipe back on the carb and suck on the vacuum pipe again

this should allow fuel into carb

replace vacuum pipe back on carb

and hopefully the bike will now run

Right

Pull off the tube to the carb that feeds petrol to it

place a container under this pipe

pull off the other pipe, and suck on it

this should open up the vacuum valve and fuel should come out of the fuel pipe into the container

if it does, replace the fuel pipe back on the carb and suck on the vacuum pipe again

this should allow fuel into carb

replace vacuum pipe back on carb

and hopefully the bike will now run

Right, thanks so much for your help i'll do that first thing in the morning. If it dont, i still reckon that the vacuum tap still aint right and i'll buy a replacement part, and hopefully it'll start up.

Sorry if it was hard trying to make sense of what im saying, i aint the best person to speak to sometimes :P

Right, thanks so much for your help i'll do that first thing in the morning. If it dont, i still reckon that the vacuum tap still aint right and i'll buy a replacement part, and hopefully it'll start up.

Sorry if it was hard trying to make sense of what im saying, i aint the best person to speak to sometimes :P

What ive told you Jim should confirm if the vacuum tap is functioning properly, I know its past your bedtime :zzz: , good luck tomorrow :thumb:

What ive told you Jim should confirm if the vacuum tap is functioning properly, I know its past your bedtime :zzz: , good luck tomorrow :thumb:

It aint my bedtime just yet :P im allowed to stay up till 10 now im 17 :P:P

It aint my bedtime just yet :P im allowed to stay up till 10 now im 17 :P:P

Looks to me as if you're connecting the petrol pipe where the throttle cable goes & the vacuum pipe to the petrol inlet. you sure there isn't a little copper coloured pipe sticking out of the inlet manifold? The green oil you saw in the carb should be 2stroke oil.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online