Oil Seals

RobMason
This post is 5759 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

On my sr125 there is an oil seal that is beginning to fail behind the front small sprocket.

In order to replace this and therefore stop the oil dripping would i have to dismantle the engine or is it possible to force it out and force a new one in?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

Rob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ive heard it said that if you drill two small holes in the oil seal and then screw two self tapping screws into it opposite each other you can then use these screws to pull out the seal., ive not tried it myself though, it depends how tight it is and if it doesnt come out it will no doubt leak more :blink:

If it works though place the new seal in the freezer for a couple of hours before fitting it as it will shrink and be easier to fit

wrap a piece of insulation tape around the spline on the shaft to protect the new seal when fitting

grease the outer edge of the new seal and use a socket or piece of tube slightly smaller diameter than the seal to drive the new seal in

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online