Headlight replacement '88 xv250?

RYEDUDE
This post is 5689 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It seems as though nobody can point me in the right direction when it comes to this headlight upgrade or even a comparable equivalent. Can anybody help with my problem?

take it to a main dealer, they should be able to tell you if it's an 'upgrade' for that bike & if so should be able to order one if they don't have it in stock. It may be a replacement light belonging to a different model.

• 2 months later...

I finally got a bulb from the dealer, it doesn't fit. The original bulb was discontinued. They basically told me i'm screwed. I guess I'll have to head down to the salvage yard and rig something.

Keep an eye out for a headlight bulb socket that's a bit more common.......

Yamaha's are known for some interchangability. ;)

I finally got a bulb from the dealer, it doesn't fit. The original bulb was discontinued. They basically told me i'm screwed. I guess I'll have to head down to the salvage yard and rig something.

You can check out this site also: Candlepower Motorcycle Headlights

they make replacement lens/bulb combinations for motorcycles in several sizes. Recommend you pull your lens, draw a circle around it, and measure across to get the diameter if you do a replacement to make sure it fits.

I had good luck with their 6-3/8 inch for my 82 KZ440 that came with a multibracket (headlight adjustment bracket to fit several japanese style bikes that had the adjuster bracket mounted on the lens itself). Of course, it may mean an entire changeout to lens/bulb combo, but after that, they use standard H4 bulbs that you can buy anywhere, including any autoparts store.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online