82 XS400RJ Seca Turn Signal Relay Location

flutterball
This post is 5767 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm having a problem locating where the turn signal relay is on my 82 xs400 Seca. I have looked through the service manual and it states that it is located near the tank, but I can't find it, need to replace it. Is it located somewhere inside the frame? Thanks for any help in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't know for sure, but it is likely under the tank and behind the carbs. Probably attached to the front of the battery box via a rubber attachment.

Just went out & dug up my factory service manual from my old 400 Seca.....

Both, the Flasher relay & the Cancelling unit are located in the backbone of the frame behind the Ignition coils.

Hope this helps. ;)

Thanks everyone for your replies, the relay is in the backbone of the frame, which is very hard to get at unless you drop the engine. I didn't want to go to all that trouble so I just wired around this, and now the turn signals are working.

Thanks again.