madrob
This post is 5720 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

just waiting to recieve delivery of a new 650 Dragstar silverado, can't wait, just traded in my honda blackbird for it.

The test ride was lovely, totally comfortable, pleasantly surprised with the power, was a bit worried after riding a blackbird, but it was great.

Also looking for a newish 125 Dragstar for the mrs if anyone knows of one, she's currently got an unrestricted aprillia RS125 (33bhp) 2008 plate with 800 miles on so px an option.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I got my 650 classic on 24th May having just passsed my test and have already done more miles on it than I did in a 14 months on a 125 Dragstar after doing CBT and before taking test. It goes really well even with a restrictor to 33bhp on it. Mind you, I dont want fast I want comfortable and toodle! It's a shame I havent still got the 125 as it was in pristine condition with all the extras and I ended up trading it in for nowhere near what it was worth so as not to miss the 650 I so desperately wanted!!! Mind you I did get a screen, sissybar, crash bars, passing lamps and saddlebag supports with the 650 so it was not too bad a deal.

Hope you enjoy your Silverado as much as I enjoy my Classic. I absolutely love mine.

TTFN

• 1 month later...

Have recently taken delivery of a 2002 Dragstar XVS250.Very impressed with its finish and performance.Ideal for a man of my age as i have a bit of arthritis in my ankles.A legacy of my Army service.This machine is easy to ride,easy to maintain and is lively enough for my type of riding.Wouldn,t mind an XVS400. :D

Hi

just waiting to recieve delivery of a new 650 Dragstar silverado, can't wait, just traded in my honda blackbird for it.

The test ride was lovely, totally comfortable, pleasantly surprised with the power, was a bit worried after riding a blackbird, but it was great.

Also looking for a newish 125 Dragstar for the mrs if anyone knows of one, she's currently got an unrestricted aprillia RS125 (33bhp) 2008 plate with 800 miles on so px an option.

Hello madrob and welcome to the forum, youre gonna need that 650 to keep up with the mrs :D , unless she gets the baby draggy (Then you can have a little kip while she catches up!) ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online