My dtr is making slight rattle when its running

visargo
This post is 5775 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im a newby and i want advise,i have a dtr on a 06 plate when its running i can hear a slight rattle from the engine it runs very well and has no shortage of power,someone i know said that all 2 strokes make this sort of quiet rattle.My bike has only done 1600miles and i dont constantly give it stick so i would like to know if i need to worry about it i would be greatfull if anyone could give me advise thankyou in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Im a newby and i want advise,i have a dtr on a 06 plate when its running i can hear a slight rattle from the engine it runs very well and has no shortage of power,someone i know said that all 2 strokes make this sort of quiet rattle.My bike has only done 1600miles and i dont constantly give it stick so i would like to know if i need to worry about it i would be greatfull if anyone could give me advise thankyou in advance.

hello mate with out actually hearing the rattle myself its hard to say but my guess is your its just the 2t rattle very distinctive dotn worry about it your bikes to new for piston slap/rattle

hello mate with out actually hearing the rattle myself its hard to say but my guess is your its just the 2t rattle very distinctive dotn worry about it your bikes to new for piston slap/rattle

Thanks very much Mikey DTR i did hear that 2 strokes made a distinctive noise i just wanted to make sure.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online