Tail Tidy 08 R6 / Yamalube

rixer
This post is 5678 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok as my first post on the site I am looking for advise on tail tidy's.... Any one out there got one for the new r6?

I know of R&G and Evotech performance but is there any other outfits making them? Also any pics available to see how they look on the bike?

Another question is about Yamalube, my bike is coming up for the first service and wanted to know if the Yamalube would be the best choice, I am guessing it is but would like to know which Yamalube to purchase?

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok as my first post on the site I am looking for advise on tail tidy's.... Any one out there got one for the new r6?

I know of R&G and Evotech performance but is there any other outfits making them? Also any pics available to see how they look on the bike?

Another question is about Yamalube, my bike is coming up for the first service and wanted to know if the Yamalube would be the best choice, I am guessing it is but would like to know which Yamalube to purchase?

Thanks in advance

As far as yamalube is concerned, the correct oil for your bike (r6) is yamalube 4-fs which is the top of the range and its fully synthetic, but i would make a point of checking exactly which oil they use as my xjr 1300 was just serviced and i presumed that they would use yamalube and when i spoke to the technician who performed the service he told me he used silkolene pro 4 plus fully synthetic oil as he said its better, and i agree as i can feel the difference right away. Always top up with the exact same oil, its important.

So no one on this site has any advise on this ????????

Evotech are always the tail tidy's I use - slightly more expensive but always look the business.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, yamaha obviously recomend yamalube, so id go with that, regardless of what people think about the quality compared to others, load of companys make top quality oils, i get them analysed at work, but its not a question of quality, its what oils are engineered to your bike, i guarantee yamalube is designed and tested on your bike! im not sure which one its the r6 needs, it does say in the book though

On another note why are you servicing an 08 bike?

• 2 weeks later...

if your bike is new then you wont need to know what oil to purchase - the dealership will do it when it goes in for a service...?

I wanted to know about the yamalube as the bike was due for its first oil change /600 mile first service. The dealer was going to use silkaline (not sure on the spelling) But I wanted to use yamlube and he did not have it in stcok so I was going to order fron elsewhere. Ayway the dealer ended up getting it in stock and used yamalube as i requested. the bike is now run in and runs like it should(FAST). :angry:

I still have not ordered the tail tidy as want to see some pics / examples with the plate on. Any on the site?? plus I am working out if the money should be spent on a tinted visor for the helmet!

Anyone seen the r6 with the indicator conversion- front indicators built in to the side of the bike?

Guest Exupnutta

I wanted to know about the yamalube as the bike was due for its first oil change /600 mile first service. The dealer was going to use silkaline (not sure on the spelling) But I wanted to use yamlube and he did not have it in stcok so I was going to order fron elsewhere. Ayway the dealer ended up getting it in stock and used yamalube as i requested. the bike is now run in and runs like it should(FAST). :angry:

I still have not ordered the tail tidy as want to see some pics / examples with the plate on. Any on the site?? plus I am working out if the money should be spent on a tinted visor for the helmet!

Anyone seen the r6 with the indicator conversion- front indicators built in to the side of the bike?

Hey rixer,

PM me with what you want exactly, might be able to help.

Nice bike btw.

Olli

• 3 weeks later...

i just ordered front flush indercators on ebay for £16 they look sweet!(06-08 YAMAHA YZF R6 YZFR6 FLUSH CLEAR LED INDICATORS)

also i just contacted motrax.co.uk about making some rear indercators to fit the gaps in the rear seat unit, they have passed the idea to there product department, so if enough people enquire the might make them!

i just ordered front flush indercators on ebay for £16 they look sweet!(06-08 YAMAHA YZF R6 YZFR6 FLUSH CLEAR LED INDICATORS)

also i just contacted motrax.co.uk about making some rear indercators to fit the gaps in the rear seat unit, they have passed the idea to there product department, so if enough people enquire the might make them!

Yeah good idea - there are a few companies already doing these and also indipendent guys also. I just saw a US company doing these and look the best ive seen.

The only problem I have with any of these flush indicators is that i would not be sure people could see you from the front!!

http://www.watsendesign.com/Yamaha_Product...%20R6/08_R6.htm

Have your indicators turned up. Was thinking of ordering these and wondered if they are a reputable dealer as I'm suspicious of companies on ebay.

Have your indicators turned up. Was thinking of ordering these and wondered if they are a reputable dealer as I'm suspicious of companies on ebay.

got a e-mail saying they have been dispatched today, will take up to 2 weeks as they comming from USA

will let you when they turn up

• 2 weeks later...

I know its a matter of taste on most bike mods, but i think the flush mounts are bad idea, i ride in the uk where 95 percent of car drivers are either txting or drinking a mcdougals coffee, or changing their boyzone cds, and to busy to notice you at the best of times, if anything id like my indi's up on the mirrors like the gsx and kwaks, miles better. you can buy them but i dont want holes or infills on my fairing

• 2 weeks later...

Evotech are always the tail tidy's I use - slightly more expensive but always look the business.

Hi there - just joined the site after getting my first bike 5 months ago - loving it! Can anyone help me with what will probably sound like a stupid question. I've just bought the Evotech tail tidy online (£40ish) and from the instructions it seemed simple to fit - so at the weekend set to by removing the seat cowl - only to find a whole host of plastic and seemingly no way to get to the bolts so i could unscrew the factory fitted set. Any tips on what to do next? I removed as much as i could to see if the black plastic bit could be lifted but it seems to go under the seat and contain various bits of battery / electronics etc so i didn't fancy going much further as i thought i must have missed a trick. Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone has.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online