1977 DT250 photos

Runningdog
This post is 5704 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm refurbishing a former farm bike, which has lost its signals (and a few other parts). I cannot find a clear photo or illustration of what the turn signal lights (front'n'rear) look like, and how they are mounted. Any photos would be appreciated, either posted, or emailed. I bought some aftermarket lights from a dealer, but they turned out to be for an XT.

Thanks awfully. Rest of bike is complete, and I can help others with info / input on things like suspension/brakes/speedometer, as I've all these apart, and replaced much of the innerds.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm refurbishing a former farm bike, which has lost its signals (and a few other parts). I cannot find a clear photo or illustration of what the turn signal lights (front'n'rear) look like, and how they are mounted. yey mate / u get them on ebay. under dt250. parts front clip on handle bars [ u"l need clips too ] not supplied . i got set 15quid, from thialnd .;;;

• 1 month later...

Hi Running Dog,

I've just started stripping one of these ready for restoration. It's a huge task - it's been left outside for 6 years now and is very rusty / rotten. I can tell this one's gonna be a labour of love! Do you still have yours? I'll probably take you up on your offer of help through pictures and advice, if it's still on offer...

Looking forward to doing this. They are cracking bikes.

Cheers,

Si...

Hi Running Dog,

I've just started stripping one of these ready for restoration. It's a huge task - it's been left outside for 6 years now and is very rusty / rotten. I can tell this one's gonna be a labour of love! Do you still have yours? I'll probably take you up on your offer of help through pictures and advice, if it's still on offer...

Looking forward to doing this. They are cracking bikes.

Cheers,

Si...

Guys, check out Yamahaenduro.com The September bike of the month is a 1979 DT250 for your pictures and anything esle you need can be found there.

• 3 weeks later...

Dang, that '79 DT250 is nice...I'm Jealous!!!

Mental Scientist, I'm still working on my 250...got a front brake switch last week still waiting for a turn signal relay, found a NOS part somewhere in the States, waiting for it to clear customs, now. ($129US, plus shipping and duty..ouch, but it is the last part I need so I can register this thing and put it on the road).

I will try to be a source for you, as required, for info, and maybe even photos of specific areas of the bike, as you need.

Good luck with the rebuild.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online