DTR 125 exhaust question

hackmaxx
This post is 5788 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a yamaha DTR 125 2004 electric start. The down pipe has blown and the rear silencer fairs not much better, my local yamaha dealer quoted me a silly price of £55o to replace it. well thats just not going to happen.

A "big one" costs a relatively cheap 130 quid for a full exhaust system I just can't seem to find out whether it is compatible with the 2004 model DTR which I have, most of the dealers I have spoken to have compatibility charts which go up until 2003 models, can anybody help me with this issue please, me pistons can't take the strain anymore :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why not go for a DEP better quality and looks nicer but a little bit more money,

Im definately getting one when im back off of holiday B)

I have a yamaha DTR 125 2004 electric start. The down pipe has blown and the rear silencer fairs not much better, my local yamaha dealer quoted me a silly price of £55o to replace it. well thats just not going to happen.

A "big one" costs a relatively cheap 130 quid for a full exhaust system I just can't seem to find out whether it is compatible with the 2004 model DTR which I have, most of the dealers I have spoken to have compatibility charts which go up until 2003 models, can anybody help me with this issue please, me pistons can't take the strain anymore :D

hi mate i bought a DEP pipe front and back and surposibly they are ment to be "universal" for dtr 88-04 however when i got it i had to make a new bracket to come off the frame to hold the end can on a strap for the joining pipe and get a bit of inch copper pipe to slide between the expansion and end can becuase its sleeved so it will fit :D lol mine did it just took a bit of fiddling around so brave it and buy a DEP cost 200 quid all in all but well worth it looks the business in chrome and is 10X better than big one!

do it mate :D good luck

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online