ttr600re

This post is 5774 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys (and gals) new to this so here goes ,have a 53 plate ttr e start ,turns over for ages before starting ,have to keep battery oncharge ,i was wondering if the mixture might be wrong as everything else seems ok . any ideas would be appreciated.

mike :

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys (and gals) new to this so here goes ,have a 53 plate ttr e start ,turns over for ages before starting ,have to keep battery oncharge ,i was wondering if the mixture might be wrong as everything else seems ok . any ideas would be appreciated.

mike :

Mine does the same if I don't start it for a week or so. I found turning the fuel tap off when not in use resolves this, then when you want to ride it, turn the fuel on and leave for a minute before starting, full choke and leave the throttle alone until it fires up, then gently bring the revs up a little. Mines an '05 plate.

I had a ZZR that was a pig if it was left for a while too - that's what made me try this way. funny really cos my wife has a 125 Varadero (Honda) next ot mine that starts first click every single time!

Sometime having soul means living with a small quirk!

If there is a mechanical solution to this, I'd be interested too.

That said it runs perfect, goes anywhere and is the best fun you can have both on and off road!

• 3 weeks later...

Update.......

I've just given the TTR a bit of TLC, I gave the brakes a good going over and replaced the spark plug with an Irridium one ---

I was out at our holiday home (static caravan, but home sounds better ;) ), so the bike sat outside in crappy wet and windy weather all night. It started on the button, don't think it even turned over fully before catching. All for changing a plug!!