Thundercat Steering Damper

yamnuts
This post is 5772 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has fitted a steering damper to a thundercat 600. I can't find a dedicated one and want to know if a universal one is easy to fit???

Any help would be appreciated cosI would like the extra confidence in the front end.

• 5 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Thundercat should not need a steering damper. I would try a different make of tyre first.

Oh OK Thanks. i thought all bikes benefitted from a damper. I think your right about the tyre, it's a Metzeler but only borderline legal on close inspection, especially the sides. The bloke that owned it before me went everywhere with his knee down judging by the tyres.

a bike will only benefit from a steering damper if it's very quick steering heading towards slapping its head abut.

as said a ThunderCat does not need a damper. if your tyre is shagged then fit a new one. you'll think you got a new bike.

my YZF750 slaps all over the place :huh: adds to the excitment :blink: i'm also looking for a steering damper, i'n getting old you see :o

my YZF750 slaps all over the place :huh: adds to the excitment :blink: i'm also looking for a steering damper, i'n getting old you see :o

FIT A DAMPER TO THE YZF750!! You won't regret it-transformed mine!!!

YZFsteeringdamper.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online